Please phone or email relevant galleries to confirm dates of events as they may be subject to change.
Also follow arts events on Facebook. Updated every few days with images and happenings. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152622452937&index=1 Add your own creative photos, videos, receptions, workshops, events. Free.
FREE E CARDS from Art & Photography Create your own FREE Greeting Card from artist
New collection of this popular artist’s work may be viewed on:
THE GALLERIES AT
The Galleries, Gallery Shop and Gardens at
1. The Summer Exhibition continues throughout the month and closes on Saturday 31stOctober. It is available for viewing by appointment tel 432 0458. An online album of a few of the pieces may be viewed on http://picasaweb.google.com/corriescott/TheLancasterSummerShow
2. Tuesday October 13th,The Artists Club will meet at
Further information from Martina Pile, artists club co ordinator. Tel 432 8173 or email@example.com
For any further information regarding the Galleries at Lancaster Great House, the exhibition and lecture programmes, sponsorship opportunities for next Season’s exciting programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 432-0458 and 234 2494. Website www.lancastergreathousegallery.com
1. Inaugural Exhibition featuring the work of Cuban and International artist
2. Saturday 3rd October, 6pm. Artist
1. Wed 30th September. Annual General meeting for all members.
2. Group Show featuring work from members of the BAC
Also available is a large selection of limited editions, lithographs, and cards. From $15Bds up.
3. The BAC is in the process of compiling a new artist directory and database. Our last directory, a black and white document, was done back in the 1980s and we intend to produce an exciting full colour publication to promote our artists. All artists wishing to be included are required to submit a passport type photo of yourself and a labelled image depicting one example of your work. These images should be accompanied by a short biography and your personal artist statement and should be no more than two hundred (200) words. This information may be copied to a compact disc and submitted to the office by December 31st, 2009. Artists can also email the info. To email@example.com .
The BAC is soliciting assistance in funding for this costly project. To help make this a reality all artists featured are required to make a contribution of thirty dollars($30.00). website www.barbadosartscouncil.com Pelican Craft Centre,
The Tides Restaurant, Holetown, St
ON THE WALL GALLERIES
1. On The
2. Gallery at Earthworks in
3. 2010 desktop calendars with artwork by
Tel 234 9145 Website www.onthewallartgallery.com
Every Thursday from Barbadian artist Fielding Babb and BARP invites people to join
To confirm this and for more information please contact BARP or Fielding Babb
CREATIVE FABRIC DESIGN COURSE
From Sept 3rd – Nov 19th. Covers a variety of new and traditional techniques including: Devore, Constructive Printing, Sun painting, Cold resist dyeing, Block printing, Screen printing, Shibori, Transfer Printing, Freehand embroidery, Decorative texture sewing. with
ERROL BARROW CENTRE FOR CREATIVE IMAGINATION
1. Seven Photographers in a three gallery exhibition of photographic images from the work of Willie Alleyne, Gordon Brooks, Ronnie Carrington, Felix Kerr, Cyprian La Touche Jr., Cecil Marshall & Perce Tappin. Curated by
Encompassing all the arts with theatre, film, dance, fine art, fine art photography, the written word, workshops and much more. For further information, contact
1. Seven photographers in a three gallery exhibition of photographic images from the work of Willie Alleyne, Gordon Brooks, Ronnie Carrington, Felix Kerr, Cyprian La Touche Jr., Cecil Marshall & Perce Tappin; Curated by C.M. Harclyde Walcott. Works will be exhibited at the Errol Barrow Centre’s Gallery, The Queen’s Park Gallery and Zemicon Gallery. Show ends October 17th
2. Sunday October 11th, 4pm – 6pm,
collection: 'The Poems Man' and show images of recent work. All are welcome.
ITALIA COFFEE HOUSE
opposite First Caribbean National Bank, Sunset Crest. Mini gallery with local prints and artwork (and free wi fi ).
NATIONAL CULTURAL FOUNDATION
(see Queen’s Park Gallery and also Frank Collymore Hall & Grand Salle below) Also
QUEEN’S PARK GALLERY
1 ‘Seven photographers’ in a three gallery exhibition of photographic images from the work of Willie Alleyne, Gordon Brooks, Ronnie Carrington, Felix Kerr, Cyprian La Touche Jr., Cecil Marshall & Perce Tappin; Curated by C.M. Harclyde Walcott. Works will be exhibited at the Errol Barrow Centre’s Gallery, The Queen’s Park Gallery and Zemicon Gallery. Show ends October 17th
2. Sunday October 11th,
3. Illustrated Lecture Series on
1. Writers Clinic has moved to a new home at the Queen’s Park Gallery. It is held from to on the second and third Saturday of every month. Don’t miss out on this free opportunity to engage with and gain objective critique from your peers, nimbly hosted by experienced facilitator,
Queen’s Park Gallery is in Queen’s Park on
FRANK COLLYMORE HALL AND GRAND SALLE
A monthly programme is produced of all lectures, music and theatre events . To receive it by email or post please email Fran Wickham at firstname.lastname@example.org or
‘A Portrayal of Portraits’. Until October 18th . which show the skills and techniques employed by pioneer artist
Opening hours are Monday to Saturday, and Sundays St. Ann’s Garrison, St. Michael , Tel:
The Division of Fine Arts at the
1. Wednesday - Painting and Drawing with Lilian Sten. (Course will commence the week of October 7th and will run for 11 weeks). The cost of course is $325.
2. Thursday - Ceramics with
Please register with Student Affairs before the start of the course. Tel
1. At On Thursday October 1st The Morningside Gallery will show episode 1 of the series . Compassion, with the work of artists
2. At On Thursday October 22nd The Morningside Gallery will show episode 3 of the series. - Transformation, with the work of artists
Come to the public screenings and take part in conversation.
The Morningside Gallery at the
The Morningside Gallery is located in the Fine Arts Department of the
There are theatre happenings, workshops, lectures and events. For more information please contact: Shaunelle Durham email@example.com Tel:
The island paradise of
To receive event details for artists, organizations or companies please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tel
GALLERY OF CARIBBEAN ART
1. Nov 30th – Dec 2nd, The
2. Visit www.nagc.bb - website for the
GANG OF 4
The Cottage , Springvale Plantation .St.
Tuesdays at at Treasure Beach Hotel at the General Manager’s cocktail reception. Curated by
CONSTANT GALLERY OF FINE ART
Sculpture and fine art (by appointment only),
Art Stock Available For Artists. New canvases and frames, stock just received. Please contact
BAGNALL’S POINT GALLERY, Princess Alice Highway, Bridgetown
A GALLERY, Royal
FINE ART FRAMING LTD,
FAST FRAME FACTORY, Dayrell’s Road,
Art Den # 437 1019, ask for Marcia, Sandra or Elsa, email email@example.com
email: firstname.lastname@example.org 163 Amaryllis Row,
PROMOTE YOUR EVENT AT TOTALLY
Do you have an event that you want everyone to know about? Then list your Event on the Totally Barbados Events Calendar and let us help you generate more public awareness of what’s going on in Barbados at any given time. Simply click on the below link to Submit An Event” at no cost to you and be a part of our Monthly Events Calendar; one of the largest event calendars for
1. Blog imparting opinions and uncovering Barbadian and
2. Bajan Reporter currently operates a Web-Magazine (http://bajanreporter.blogspot.com ) which in the brief span of 3 years has jumped from 200 to 1,300 readers a day without direct promotion, rather than allow such an opportunity slip to the wayside - has taken steps to make room for Advertising on the online publication. Bajan Reporter is not seeking to list astronomical rates as seen on other sites... Instead has a reasonable structure for banners, towers, blocks and text ads, etc. And a pay plan - if you book a full year now and pay up front get FIFTEEN (15) months of ad space! Budget deal allows half now and half again at six months earning 13 (THIRTEEN) months of ad space. The site will soon be completed and will be available for viewing.
‘HELP SAVE OUR BABIES’ CHRISTMAS CARDS CREATED BY LOCAL ARTIST
These 5" x 7" Note Cards feature images printed from original watercolours by
To view the images and pricing please click on
Every Year during the months of September – December, Nock Associates Ltd., raises money for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados. 50% of the profit from the sales of the note cards is donated to the Parents Neonatal Intensive Care Charity to be used to purchase equipment, supplies and service contracts, as well as to help with staff training and the general upkeep of the NICU.
Please remember to support this worthy cause when you are shopping for Christmas cards this year.