November 2009 Arts Happenings
Please phone or email relevant galleries to confirm dates of events as they may be subject to change.
Updates as news comes in may be viewed on http://corriescott.net/page14.htm and also follow arts events on Facebook. Updated every few days with images and happenings. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152622452937&index=1 Add your own creative photos, videos, receptions, workshops, events, information. Free.
New pieces just added collection of this popular artist’s work may be viewed on:
THE OLD PHARMACY GALLERY
This exciting new gallery in a National Trust listed building will open its doors for the first time on Wednesday 18th November. The gallery has been created on the ground floor of this historic building and will be offering works by Barbadian,
THE GALLERIES AT
The Galleries, Gallery Shop and Gardens at
1. Sunday, November 22nd at .New Exhibition by The Drawing Club “Coming of Age” in honor of Lolita Wood to be opened by the Minister of Arts and Culture, The Honourable
2. Tuesday November 10th,The Artists Club will meet at
For any further information regarding the Galleries at Lancaster Great House, the exhibition and lecture programmes, sponsorship opportunities for next Season’s exciting programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 432-0458 and 234 2494. Website www.lancastergreathousegallery.com
Saturday 7th November at
1. "Little Gems" Group Show until November 7th. To view a few of the images in this show please click on http://picasaweb.google.com/corriescott/LittleGemsAtBAC#
2. ‘Independence Group Show’ November 8th – December 5th
Also available is a large selection of limited editions, lithographs, and cards. From $15Bds.
3. The website has just been updated with
4. The BAC is in the process of compiling a new artist directory and database. Our last directory, a black and white document, was done back in the 1980s and we intend to produce an exciting full colour publication to promote our artists. All artists wishing to be included are required to submit a passport type photo of yourself and a labelled image depicting one example of your work. These images should be accompanied by a short biography and your personal artist statement and should be no more than two hundred (200) words. This information may be copied to a compact disc and submitted to the office by December 31st, 2009. Artists can also email the info. To email@example.com .
The BAC is soliciting assistance in funding for this costly project. To help make this a reality all artists featured are required to make a contribution of thirty dollars($30.00).
In DECEMBER The
The Tides Restaurant, Holetown, St
ON THE WALL GALLERIES
1. On The
2. Gallery at Earthworks in
3. 2010 desktop calendars with artwork by
Tel 234 9145 Website www.onthewallartgallery.com
Every Wednesdays from if you are interested you can learn here in
THE MAIN GUARD
1. In DECEMBER from 2nd- 5th, ‘Miniatures’ exhibition with
Three dimensional artist
CREATIVE FABRIC DESIGN COURSE
From Sept 3rd – Nov 19th. Covers a variety of new and traditional techniques including: Devore, Constructive Printing, Sun painting, Cold resist dyeing, Block printing, Screen printing, Shibori, Transfer Printing, Freehand embroidery, Decorative texture sewing. with
ERROL BARROW CENTRE FOR CREATIVE IMAGINATION
1. October 26th to November 7th, Monday to Saturday from to The Collectors' Club is celebrating its 10th Anniversary with an exhibition of the favourite works of art of the Collectors of
Encompassing all the arts with theatre, film, dance, fine art, fine art photography, the written word, workshops and much more. For further information, contact
1. Opening reception Sunday November 1st, . Also 2nd and 3rd Nov,
2. Sunday, November 8th, Opening reception from , a solo-show of works by
ITALIA COFFEE HOUSE
November 1st – December 24th SPECIAL! FREE gift when you buy either of
opposite First Caribbean National Bank, Sunset Crest. Mini gallery with local prints and artwork (and free wi fi ).
“Collage - impressions of an island” Oct 31 to Dec 31st is a local group art exhibition featuring the more recent works of some of
NATIONAL CULTURAL FOUNDATION
(see Queen’s Park Gallery and also Frank Collymore Hall & Grand Salle below) Also
QUEEN’S PARK GALLERY
“Hestian Threads” solo show by
Writers Clinic has moved to a new home at the Queen’s Park Gallery. It is held from to on the second and third Saturday of every month. Don’t miss out on this free opportunity to engage with and gain objective critique from your peers, nimbly hosted by experienced facilitator,
Queen’s Park Gallery is in Queen’s Park on
FRANK COLLYMORE HALL AND GRAND SALLE
A monthly programme is produced of all lectures, music and theatre events . To receive it by email or post please email Fran Wickham at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Monday to Saturday, . to and Sundays . St. Ann’s Garrison, St. Michael , Tel:
The Morningside Gallery is located in the Fine Arts Department of the
There are theatre happenings, workshops, lectures and events. For more information please contact: Shaunelle Durham email@example.com Tel:
The island paradise of
To receive event details for artists, organizations or companies please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tel
1. Sunday 8th November .
2. Event for December 2009.
Northern Business Centre,
Watch for more information at www.nagc.bb and through this newsletter.
3. Visit www.nagc.bb - website for the
For further information contact the NAGC at+1 (246) 310 2700 or email@example.com
Sarah's Chelsea Dinners, resumes in late November on 3 Friday nights a month. Most of the art on the walls is for sale, although most people are more engaged in the lively social life at these events. This will soon include occasional readings, performance art, salons, and happenings, courtesy of certain literary suspects, some of the more antic patrons, and
BLUE WATERS STUDIO
1. Informal retrospective at Blue Waters Studio by appointment: * Excellent opportunity; Limited offer: 20% off, further 15% for past purchasers. “
2. Bill Grace Exhibition, "Art about water, the reef, interconnections, balance, harmony, healing and peace, "New Work at Zemicon Gallery, Opening Sunday November 1st, 6PM- 8pm. also Nov 2nd and Nov 3rd , 10 am to 3 pm
GANG OF 4
The Cottage , Springvale Plantation .St.
Tuesdays at at Treasure Beach Hotel at the General Manager’s cocktail reception. Curated by
CONSTANT GALLERY OF FINE ART
Sculpture and fine art (by appointment only),
FRANGIPANI ART GALLERY, W 422 5026, ext.4950, or by email. firstname.lastname@example.org Sugar Cane Club, Hotel and Spa,
BAGNALL’S POINT GALLERY, Princess Alice Highway,
A GALLERY, Royal
FINE ART FRAMING LTD,
FAST FRAME FACTORY, Dayrell’s Road,
Art Den # 437 1019, ask for Marcia, Sandra or Elsa, email email@example.com
email: firstname.lastname@example.org 163 Amaryllis Row,
PROMOTE YOUR EVENT AT TOTALLY
Do you have an event that you want everyone to know about? Then list your Event on the Totally Barbados Events Calendar and let us help you generate more public awareness of what’s going on in Barbados at any given time. Simply click on the below link to Submit An Event” at no cost to you and be a part of our Monthly Events Calendar; one of the largest event calendars for
1. Blog imparting opinions and uncovering Barbadian and
2. Bajan Reporter currently operates a Web-Magazine (http://bajanreporter.blogspot.com ) which in the brief span of 3 years has jumped from 200 to 1,300 readers a day without direct promotion, rather than allow such an opportunity slip to the wayside - has taken steps to make room for Advertising on the online publication. Bajan Reporter is not seeking to list astronomical rates as seen on other sites... Instead has a reasonable structure for banners, towers, blocks and text ads, etc. And a pay plan - if you book a full year now and pay up front get FIFTEEN (15) months of ad space! Budget deal allows half now and half again at six months earning 13 (THIRTEEN) months of ad space. The site will soon be completed and will be available for viewing.
‘HELP SAVE OUR BABIES’ CHRISTMAS CARDS CREATED BY LOCAL ARTIST
These 5" x 7" Note Cards feature images printed from original watercolours by
To view the images and pricing please click on
Every Year during the months of September – December, Nock Associates Ltd., raises money for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados. 50% of the profit from the sales of the note cards is donated to the Parents Neonatal Intensive Care Charity to be used to purchase equipment, supplies and service contracts, as well as to help with staff training and the general upkeep of the NICU.
Please remember to support this worthy cause when you are shopping for Christmas cards this year.